Thursday, April 2, 2015

Broken Rhyming ~ do we really understand Freedom (A to Z Challenge series)

Freedom & Independence
come with responsibility
Excess of anything
leads to worse
History has given us  
enough evidence
even a slight misinterpretation
had caused a curse

With changing parameters of society
It has become difficult
to define freedom
Should it be defined individually
or at a larger level
debated in public
or left to definition by intellectuals
or understanding the word as a whole
exploring new perspectives?

My two cents would be
to keep it very simple
your freedom is defined
by actions that are undamaging to others!!

PS: So what's your take on Freedom?


Image source ~ https://drhurd.com/

5 comments:

  1. "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..." Sounds trite, but it's way better than the other end of the spectrum: "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." That isn't freedom, that's paranoia.

    I like your definition better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your thougts C.D.
      I believe "nothing left to lose is a state" which hardly anyone achieves in a lifetime...and human race has always been over ambitious.

      Delete
  2. I like how you say: " With changing parameters of society / It has become difficult / to define freedom"
    As a culture gets more diverse, it gets harder and harder to define values like freedom.
    That said, we must define and value it at the societal level in order to function as a healthy society.
    Provocative post, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge - where I am part of the A to Z Ambassador Team! (I'm a minion/volunteer under Arlee.)
    Great post. I'm looking forward to more. Let me know if I can help you in any blogging way this month. I've followed you on your listed social media sites.
    @JLenniDorner
    I think my Lenni-Lenape ancestors understood freedom better than any of the immigrants who came and took it in the name of fighting for it. But that's a tough one to wrap the mind around.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback here, are my pay-cheques ;)