Wednesday, April 29, 2015

V ~ Vulture you are (A-to-Z Challenge)

 

Broken promises


your spurious love


Synthetic kisses


stop pretending to be a dove


Those silent dismisses


I couldn't read before


Your intentional remisses


ain't ignorable anymore

 


Vulnerable I was

 

with live naked wounds

 

Your wild selfish paws

 

were waiting to pound

 

Escape was impossible

 

with veil in my eyes

 

You scratched my soul

 

& took me by surprise

 

 

Your latest move

 

was caught as overture

 

Machiavellian you are

 

You are indeed a Vulture!! 

 


Notes from Author: As A-to-Z contest draws closer to end, it is becoming increasingly difficult and interesting to come up with best possible poem everyday. Vulure is an interesting word with many meanings, what 'Vulture' means to you?

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your poem!
    I'm popping in from the A to Z Challenge.
    Congratulations on making it this far... only 2 more days to go.

    I associate the word vulture with an insatiable greed...

    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Michelle!!
      Yeah....vultures are opportunists...

      Delete
  2. Vultures keep appearing in life seeking their pound of flesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sir... Glad to see a senior and superb blogger dropping by!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Amit... M glad that u liked it!!

      Delete
  4. The poem blew my mind. Vultures keep lurking around for their prey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranveer for dropping by. Be safe from vultures ;)

      Delete

Your feedback here, are my pay-cheques ;)